The Best Charcoal Grill Under $100 Reviews | Top 8 Picks Of 2017
You must be aware of the fact that summers are incomplete without having lavish bbq parties with friends and family. Summer season is already here. So, are you planning for such parties? Though there are plenty of convenient ways innovated to cook food for outside gatherings. There are few options for electricity and gas facility too. However, you will agree that no one can beat the taste you can get from charcoal grills. Using a charcoal grill for bbq party don’t only gives fun time, but also makes you able to enjoy the awesome taste of smoked and perfectly cooked food. We’ll introduce you some of the best charcoal grills under $100 to make the BBQ party easy on the pocket.
You must consider different factors before buying charcoal grills. You would have to compromise for one factor over another. That’s fine too. However, the price is a thing that usually gets the highest priority among all factors. So, here to ease your problem, we will discuss best charcoal grill under $100.
Top 8 Best Charcoal Grill Under $100
1. Lodge L410 Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill
This charcoal grill from Lodge firm is manufactured by using cast-iron. Its cast-iron grills are pre-seasoned to prevent rusting for a long time. Its dimensions measure 19 inches by 10-1/4 by 8-1/4 inches that are capable of accommodating a small group. It comes with adjustable tempers at two different heights. It helps to increase or decrease the temperature in the grill.
This grill also contains removable draft door that adjusts the heat inside the grill. This feature can offer you multiple cooking options. There is another flip door at the back side of the grill to access coals easily. Additional features include handle for convenient carrying, and built-in-shelf to keep other utensils during cooking. The grills are highly sturdy and made in hibachi-style. As far as its cost is concerned, it is a bit costly as compared to other products in the list. But, seeing all its features, it still worths your money.
- This grill can save your fuel, because of the option of accessing fuel through its back flip door.
- It is easy to maintain because of its removable parts.
- It can be carried easily anywhere. Whether, it is your patio, camping trip or any bbq party.
- It takes very little space because of its appropriate size.
- As it is made up of cast-iron, its grill can get rusted if kept without proper seasoning.
- Cleaning it can be slightly difficult, because of the absence of enamel.
This Lodge’s charcoal grill offers portability, good quality material, ease of use, a different cooking option through varying temperature and fuel saving feature. Though the price is a bit high, if the quality is your highest priority, then you should go for it.
2. Weber 741001 Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
This Weber made charcoal grill is kettle type grill that is particularly famous for its portability and simplicity. Weber 741001 Original Kettle grill offers a total area of 363 square inches for cooking. It can provide enough food for a small family. It’s cooking grate is made up of plated steel with the diameter of 22 inches. The size dimensions of this charcoal grill in 22 x 25 x 38.5 inches. It ensures indirect smoke with increased heat with the help of its air tight lid. You can clean it very easily. It contains aluminum ash catcher for this purpose. Its bowl and lid are enameled with porcelain material. This is the reason it can endure high heats and rough handling. It contains glass-reinforced nylon handles to provide ease of carrying it. It is probably the most expensive grill among your budget.
- It is very easy to clean with only a single touch, because of its aluminum ash tray.
- You can carry the grill easily anywhere through its nylon handles and light-weight.
- It can offer high durability and heat endurance because of its steel plating.
- It can offer you different levels of temperature adjustability through its upper and lower vents.
- It can’t serve in large gatherings because of its small cooking space.
Having a reputable manufacturer for any product gives it extra importance. So this charcoal grill beside having this plus point offers portability, ease-of-use, and heat adjustability as well.
3. Charcoal Grill Weber 121020
Weber 121020 charcoal grill is one of the high portables charcoal grills. It contains unique style with handles. That is too easy to carry besides looking adorable. Unlike common grills, it comes in rectangular shape cooking grate. It’s grill steel plated and offers 160 square feet area for cooking. It is unique in its style of tightening lids with its plated steel legs. That offers tension free portability. You can freely carry it anywhere through using one hand.
Its lid contains glass-reinforced nylon handles to protect hands during cooking. It comes with two adjustable dampers that assist in controlling air flow for the better cooking experience. Each damper contains three vent holes to attain desirable temperature. It is made rust free and sturdy through applying porcelain enameling. Besides offering all features and manufactured by the renowned firm, it is quite low in its price as compared to other charcoal grills.
- It is highly affordable charcoal grill with extensive features.
- It can offer you more cooking space, because of its rectangular cooking grate.
- No assembly is required as it is one piece system.
- It can give you long lasting services, because of its heavy-duty grills.
- Its lid can also serve the purpose of shade against the wind because it is hinged.
- It might offer you less cooking space.
- As its legs are bit fragile, it can not carry more weight.
This charcoal grill is lightweight, offers different heat adjustments, looks adorable and easy to operate. All its features are available at a quite low price too.
4. Weber 1211001 Jumbo Joe Portable Grill
This product is again from trustworthy Weber manufacturers. That’s why this Jumbo Joe portable charcoal grill offers durability and high tolerance against heat and high temperature. The cooking area is 18.5 inches in diameter. So, it is enough for a small family with short cooking time. It’s cooking grate is made up of sturdy steel material that lasts long even after enduring high temperature.
It comes with aluminum made ash-catcher and dampers. This feature ensures its one-touch cleaning process. You can simply empty the ash tray by simply turning it over. There is no need to make your hands dirty through touching the ash. It overall size dimensions after it’s assembled is 19.75 inches by 20.5 inches by 19.75 inches. It also comes with glass-reinforced nylon handles for easy handling. As far as its price is concerned, you can get it at a completely affordable price.
- It is rust-free and easy to clean because of its porcelain enameling.
- Besides its large cooking area, it has very lightweight that makes it highly portable
- It has two vents with enough sized holes to ensure optimum temperature inside the setup
- It is highly stable charcoal grill setup, because of its lid locks and handles.
- As it does not comes as a one-piece system. Therefore, its assembly can be difficult for you.
This charcoal grill contains almost all features that you might need to enjoy a bbq party of small group. The major plus is its lightweight and large cooking space.
5. Char-Griller 2-2424 Charcoal Grill
Char-Griller has very good reputation for making up to the mark charcoal grills, and the 2-2424 Model says it all. With it unique looks, it is a multi purpose charcoal grill. Talking about its common uses, you will find it convenient and portable. It is constructed through using heavy-duty solid steel that ensures its durability and makes it able to withstand high temperature. It also offers an ease of cleaning it up. As it contains removable ash pan, so you can clean it by taking it out. It’s cooking area is made up of cast-iron and offers 250 square feet of area for cooking.
It is a multi-purpose grill. You can either use it as a separate grilling system or can attach it with other with other barrels to make it Side Fire box. Besides its all versatile features, it is available in a very average price range.
- It can serve the purpose of both table top grill and Texas style smoking.
- Because of its adjustable style, it can be attached to various models of Char-griller barrel grills.
- It offers enough size for cooking with its large cooking grate.
- It is easy to adjust its temperature and to save fuel because of its feature to access coals easily.
- It can be slightly heavy for you, as it is 39.4 pounds in weight.
- Once you convert it into side fire box, you can’t get your table top grill back.
It is a unique style and good quality charcoal grill. If you want to purchase a multi-purpose charcoal grill in the average price range, then this grill should be your pick.
6. Marsh Allen 30052 Charcoal Grill
Marsh Allen 30052 is a portable small sized charcoal grill. It can easily cook the food of four people. The cooking surface this grill offers is 157 square inches. It’s grills are made in hibachi-style with cast iron material. It contains adjustable grids, to adjust the temperature of heating of the grill. These grids are located at three different parallel positions. Therefore, you can adjust the distance of coals with your food at three different temperatures. Additionally, its cooking grate also contains a wooden handle that makes them easy to handle. Though it is an open style charcoal grill; there is the possibility of food to come out of it. However, to avoid this thing, the grids are slightly curved at upward direction.
It also contains two vents to control the burning rate of coals. It is available in a very nominal price range. You can afford it easily.
- It can offer you the various cooking option with varying temperature, because of its three adjustable grids.
- Though it is open style, very light in weight making it easy for you to carry anywhere.
- It can be very sturdy and durable grill option, because of its cast-iron grills.
- Easy to assemble.
- It can be slightly difficult for you to clean it up, because of its rough surface.
- As its material is cast-iron, it might get rusted if not seasoned.
With its lightweight, adjustable heights and low rates, it can be a good grill option for you. However, its drawback can be its difficult cleaning.
7. Weber 441001 Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
This charcoal grill is again Weber’s product. So, no doubt is left for its durability and high-quality features. This 441001 Original Kettle style grill is extremely portable with its 240 square inches of cooking area. The cooking grate comes with steel plating, with the diameter of 18.5 inches. It comes enameled with porcelain to make it sturdy against high temperature. Its lid and bowl style gets tightly closed to store heat inside for slow and indirect food cooking. It is made easy to clean through its aluminum ash-catcher and aluminized steel material. The size of complete setup is 18.5 inches long, 23 inches wide and 35 inches in height.
As it is made up of a renowned manufacturing company and also contains exceptional features and quality. Therefore, its price is a bit high as compared to those listed charcoal grills that are manufactured by other companies.
- Webber is a very convenient to grill because of its innovative style.
- It can withstand very high temperature and can last longer.
- The grill offers high portability due to its lightweight.
- It can give you a very good taste of your food, because of its traditional style cooking mechanism.
- As the grill grates are not hinged, it might get unstable during cooking.
- It assembly might take you enough time.
This charcoal grill can give you benefits of portability, heat adjustments, durability, and perfect taste. Though its price is a bit high, it’s exceptionally good features deserves it.
8. Cuisinart CCG-190RB Charcoal Grill
You have gone through the list of many charcoal grills, but this one will drop your jaws. This Cuisinart CCG-190RB Charcoal Grill is a unique grill among all. It’s 14 inches chrome plated cooking grill offers 150 square inches of cooking space. It is extremely sturdy because of its enamel coated firebox. Moreover, it contains dual vent system for temperature management and tight lids. Cleaning as well is easy. However, despite all these features, this whole charcoal grill system weighs only two pounds.
It can accommodate a small family easily with fast cooking. Like its weight, its price range is also the lowest among your budget.
- Easy to assemble
- Extremely lightweight
- Cooks food quickly
- It is highly durable, able to withstand high temperature.
- Because of its lightweight, it might get unstable during cooking.
- It is not good for large gatherings.
This one charcoal grill is suitable for all those fellows who need some seriously economical and lightweight option for their camping or other outside trips.
A charcoal grill is a magical thing that can elevate the fun and taste of your food. However, plenty of different options is available on the market. Here, we have discussed best charcoal grill under $100 to make your choice of grills easy. You have seen different charcoal grills offer different features and buyers have to compromise on others. No one grill can fit for all types of users. Each has its pros and cons. However, considering lowest weight and lowest price grill with good quality, Lodge L410 Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill wins, and considering extensive features and large size, Char-griller conquers the trophy.