The Best Gas Grill Under $400 Reviews | Top 8 Picks Of 2017
Grilling food for daily meals or barbecues is one of the widest using methods to having food that tastes exceptional and cooks easily. You can choose to own an electric grill or gas grill. The difference you will find is that gas grills tend to enhance the flavor of your food by traditional cooking methods on the fire. Even though you will have to arrange the gas, the food cooked will most likely remain juicy inside out. Gas grills can be expensive, however, if you search the market rightly, you can easily find the best gas grill under $400. The following gas grills are narrowed down for you to pick the best ones in your range of budget.
Top 8 Best Gas Grill Under $400
1. Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill
The Dyna-Glo gas burner works on propane gas which is readily available on the market. The body of the product is designed to be stainless so that you do not have to worry about the wearing down of the gas grill anytime soon. Unlike many gas grills, you will find this one equipped with the option to turn the heat as per your liking. It comes with stainless steel cooking grates, warming rack, and heat tents which will additionally help you in your food experience. You will no longer have to worry about the inconvenience of changing the gas cylinder with smooth slide in and out a tray of this grill. With all the features, you will find yourself buying this product just about in your budget.
- Available in four and five tube burner options to choose
- Inbuilt temperature gauge available to measure the temperature to cook at
- Comes with cooling rack, cooking grates, and heat tents
- Inbuilt side tables to place food once the grill is complete
- Includes slide tray and double door for replacing the gas cylinder
- No fuel gauge makes it inconvenient to check the amount of gas left
- Propane gas burns more and can be expensive to replace often
Overall this product seems to be useful in many aspects, especially if you are a fan of grilled food. However, it is not something you will want to use every day since the gas can be expensive. However, the product tries to be as convenient as possible.
2. Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 300
The char-broil grill works on infrared technology allows you to enjoy a gas grill which using infrared that allows it to heat faster, safer, and more evenly around the whole rack. You do not need new lighters since the electric ignition allows you to run the burner with one button only. The porcelain coated grates allow you to cook your grill with as little oil as you would like. The side racks are foldable. You can use a propane tank to go with it. Moreover, the grill has an inbuilt cabinet to store pots, pans, and other useful items.
- Porcelain coated grates allow you to cook non-stick
- Infrared technology allows the fire to be safer
- Electric ignition allows easy access to the burner
- The temperature control gauge allows you to monitor the temperature of your food
- The grill is not able to convert to natural gas,
- Is not ideal for a massive gathering since it does not have multiple burners.
This gas stove is not only under budget, but it is small and holds some significant advantages! One of the key attractions is the infrared technology which makes this worth buying.
3. Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared
Another Char-broil burner makes its place in the list of the best gas grill under your budget because of its exceptional features. This gas burner not only allows you for grilling, but it offers a side burner as well. Igniting fire with the electric machines and using infrared technology to maintain and manage the heating system makes this grill one of the most attractive buys. You have the option to choose this is many different burner sizes and cook over its porcelain coated iron grates. Attached side tables make it easier to use the grill as a cool down tray as well. You can fit your propane gas cylinder in the dual cabinet along with much more stuff that you will need for the perfect grilling. With the overloaded features, this grill has an affordable price range.
- Side table available helping you save space for additional tables
- Infrared technology allows easy maintenance of fire
- Side burners enable you to cook extra food
- Dual door cabinet allows you to store propane gas cylinder
- Side tables are not foldable which can injure a person
- Iron gates take much time in cooling down and makes it harder to clean
One of the most attractive features of this grill is the side burner that goes with it. With this product, you can cook your steak while you boil your potatoes all at once at once place.
4. Char Broil Performance 650
This Char-Broil gas grill is perfect for a huge gathering since it holds about six burners. You can cook many foods together on this one grill that is easily lit by an electric spark and requires propane gas. This gas grill gives you an additional 280 square inches of space to cook your food king size. The large metal shelves allow you to cook while you serve to eliminate the need for other tables. You will also find a dual door cabinet where you can store all the essentials of the grill. With the grill, you will find a warming rack altogether. The most surprising this is the affordability of this great product making it one of the best gas grill under your budget.
- Holds six burners to help you hold a big gathering. Alternatively, you can organize a small group and cook all the food together
- The warming tray allows you to keep your food warm and fresh,
- Allows you to ignite the fire with a simple electrical mechanism
- Side tables enable you to save space on additional tables
- Unless you hold big gatherings often, this grill may not be as good of use for you
- The grill burns more gas than regular grill making it a little more expensive to maintain.
If you are famous with your friends, family, and loved ones, then this grill seems perfect and under budget for you. Go ahead; cook much food at once without any hindrance.
5. Solaire Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill
If you like grilling at picnics, then Solaire gas grill is the perfect fit for you. It is small but packed with some features including the most attractive feature which is its portability. It has an outer body of stainless steel and runs on propane gas. The design is made especially in a v-shape to ensure that while cooking your meat, you do not lose the natural juices. The grill is very light weight and has a design to help you carry it without any nuisance. Unlike many other portable grills, you have the ability to control the fire in this grill. Not only does this enhance safety, but it also allows you to cook your food well. However, you may find bigger standby grills that are cheaper than this product.
- The small size and the lightweight allows you to carry this grill anywhere
- The design does not let the natural flavors to drain out.
- Fire is easily controlled with a knob
- With easy adapter change, you can connect it to any sized gas cylinder
- Stainless steel is not very thick, and it may start to lose its look in a few months only
- Grates are not as heavy duty to last for a longer time
The best part about this gas burner is that you can get it under your budget and that it is portable. The cherry on top is the design which allows succulent meat all the time.
6. Char-Broil Infrared Patio Bistro
This grill makes its way successfully into the best gas grill under your budget for its patio friendly private design. The size is perfect to place on your patio and even move around with the wheels on the back. Even though the size remains compact, you can still enjoy side tables on this gas grill. You can use LP gas on this gas grill and ensure a lot more money saving than in propane gas grills. However, you can still enjoy the electric fire started and the infrared technology that comes. Get this product at a highly affordable rate packed with extensive features.
- Infrared control of heat allows you to enjoy succulent meat along with maintaining the gas temperature that is set to desire
- LP gas is not burned too much
- Not only does the wheel make the grill portable, but it also makes it stable with the front stand.
- You can add wood chips directly to the grill
- No extra burner is available
- For a patio grill, the side tables seem a little less useful
- Lack of thermostat
The patio design for this gas grill is perfect for you to set it on your patio, your balcony or anywhere you like. It can easily be shifted and comes as highly affordable.
7. Magma Products, Infra Red Gourmet Gas Grill:
The magma gas grill runs on propane gas and is compact and portable loaded with features that are incomparable. It is a cabinet grill just like most grills; however, it has a windowed cabinet that allows you to keep an eye on your food without having to open the cabinet repeatedly. You can buy it in affordable range; however, you can also save money since this grill runs on CNG or LPG. It also has infrared technology that allows you to enjoy food without over cooking it or losing its flavor. You do not even have to carry match sticks or a lighter with this grill since it uses an electric ignition.
- Infrared technology
- Compact and portable with foldable legs
- Uses electric fire starting technology
- Can use LPG or even CNG as propane alternates
- Light stainless steel is used which may not last for very long
- Has no knob to control temperature
This gas grill is so small and attractive. The significant features of infrared, glass cabinet and electric ignition make it a must have for summer barbecues anywhere you like.
8. Star Wars TIE Fighter Gas Grill
Are you a star wars fan that loves to grill? If you are, then you are in for a treat. This gas grill revolves around the star wars theme along with features that are almost incomparable in a price that highly affordable. This rack is designed with official star wars licenses, and it stamps the logo into your every time to allow the force to be with you. It comes with a 25 years warranty. Electric sparks light the iron grids along with propane gas. The gas grill is portable, however; it may not be the easiest task. It has side plates with style and convenience altogether. With the themed thermostat, you can cook your meat at the perfect temperature with the logo every time.
- Star war logo on every grill
- Comes with side tables that are foldable
- Iron grids are long lasting
- Electric ignition increases convenience
- The design seems portable, yet it is cumbersome
- There is no knob to control the fire
This grill focuses on its look, however; you will find a few aspects like its iron grids and electric spark worth enough to own it.
The above product reviews may have helped you get a clear idea of what you will find in the market. These are our choices of the best grill under $400. However, looking at the several features, each rack carries along with some disadvantages you will find that Magma portable grill is one of the safest bet. Not only does it land in the budget, but it also keeps your budget maintained by using cheaper gas. Moreover, it allows you to see through the grill in the windiest days, and it manages the heat with its infrared technology.