The Best Gas Grill Under $500 Reviews | Top 8 Picks Of 2017
Grilled meat is the dream of every meat lover. Whether it is a grilled burger with a juicy beef patty or a grilled steak topped with your favorite sauces and grilled veggies, a meat lover is always on a lookout for such foods. Many restaurants offer grilled goodies, but nothing can match the experience of grilling meat in your backyard with your family and friends. Anyone who has participated in this activity knows how enjoyable the whole experience is. So if you are one of those people who want to have a barbecue in their kitchen or backyard, you are in luck! This article has been prepared to help you buy the best gas grill under $500. Top products have been reviewed along with their salient and unique features.
We will help you to select a gas grill according to your exact needs, and it will also outline the things to look for while buying a gas grill. The following grills have been selected for detailed review:
Top 8 Best Gas Grill Under $500
1. Weber 46100001 Spirit S210
It is best gas grill under your budget manufactured by the market leader of grills, Weber. It is made out of stainless steel, and the two burners provide 26500 BTU-per-hour. The dimensions of the assembled grill with the lid opened are 63-inch by 50-inch by 32-inch. It makes it quite large. It runs on liquid propane. Moreover, it comes with an electronic ignition system which ignites the grill at a push of the button. It provides a cooking area of 450 square inches. The unique feature of this grill is the flavourizer bars. This mechanism collects the dripping juices and heats them, so the smoked flavor of the juices is added to the meat.
- Made out of stainless steel to ensure strength and good outlook
- Flavourizer mechanism to enhance the flavor
- Grease management system ensures that the grill stays grease-free
- Electronic ignition system to light up the grill with a push of the button
- Sufficient cooking area
- Does not include a propane tank and a 20 lbs propane tank has to be purchased additionally
- A little pricey considering the features this grill offers
- A bit bulky in size, which means it cannot be moved around easily
If you want a reliable grill and you can compromise on some features at this price, then go for it. It has been manufactured by one of the best manufacturers in the market. The design and outlook are very aesthetically pleasing. Overall, it is a good option.
2. Weber 46110001 Spirit E210
It is another best gas grill under your budget from the market leader, Weber. It is very similar to the product reviewed before. However, it includes some more features than the last product. This liquid propane gas grill has two stainless steel burners which provide a heat of 26500 BTU-per-hour, which is excellent for grilling. The total cooking area is 450 square inches, which is enough for a medium sized gathering of family and friends. This model includes a warranty as well, which means that you need not worry about spending money on repairs if a fault surfaces.
- A crossover ignition system means that you only have to push a button and the apparatus will be ready for grilling
- Porcelain enameled flavored bars ensure that the food you are cooking attains maximum flavor of the juices that drip down
- It includes a fuel gauge so that a slight glance will show you how much longer you can carry on with the barbecue party
- You will have to buy a separate propane tank as it does not come included with the grill
- The warranty is limited, which means the warranty might not cover some faults.
- This model comes without expert assembly
If you can spending money is not a constraint for you, then you should go for this grill. You will get a good amount of features and frankly. These features are enough for mid sized gathering. It is a good product overall.
3. Weber 57060001 Q3200
The design of this product is built keeping portability in mind. It has two wheels, and easy grip handles to move it around with ease. The special feature of this product is the make. It is made out of aluminum, and the burners are made out of stainless steel. The grates are enameled with porcelain which means that they are easier to clean. The handles of this grill include a light to facilitate you if you plan to cook outside during the night at picnics or while camping. The easy electronic push start button makes this very convenient to start up.
- A large cooking area of 462 square inches
- Very easy to move around and built keeping portability in mind
- The handles are ergonomically built which means they will not strain you when you move it around
- Comes with extras such as built in thermometer
- A shelf is included where the barbecue equipment can be placed.
- The propane tank has to be purchased separately
- It is a bit pricey
- The design is a bit flawed as the lid is a bit large
If you go out on camping or picnics a lot, then this is the right choice for you. This grill is very easy to move about. However, a better option can be considered at this price if you want it only for domestic use.
4. Weber 57067001 Q3200
We have yet another best gas grill under your budget by Weber built for portability. It has a sleek and simple trolly like design the handles are ergonomically built so that they do not strain your joints while moving it around. The body is made of aluminum, and the burners are made of stainless steel. The special feature of this grill is that it runs on natural gas. You will not have to buy a propane cylinder. You just have to hook it up with the natural gas pipeline at your home. It has a 393 square inches of cooking area and 21700 BTU-per-hour of output energy.
- Easy to move about
- Has an infinite burner which means that you can control the amount of heat given out as required
- Easy start electronic ignition push button
- A handle light to facilitate the operation of this grill in dark
- The cooking area is small
- It cannot be carried along on camping tours as it requires natural gas to work.
- Comes without expert assembly
This product is great if you want to cook at your home and it is also portable, which means you can take it out in the backyard. However, you cannot take it along on picnics or camping as it cannot run with a propane cylinder.
5. Weber 47100001 Spirit S210
This grill by Weber is made to be fixed out on the terrace or in the lawn. It has a stainless steel design and the dimensions of 63-inch by 50-inch by 32-inch. The total cooking area is 450 square inches, which is large enough for normal domestic needs. A 3/8” connection is included to connect it to the main gas pipeline.
- The grill is a very good option if you cannot afford the hassle of buying a separate propane tank
- It comes with electronic ignition
- It comes with Weber’s trademark Flavourizer technology
- The cooking grates are porcelain coated which makes it very easy to clean.
- You need to have natural gas plumbing in the area where you wish for it to be set up
- This model does not include expert assembly
- The grill is a bit bulky
- It is not portable
If your priority is not portability and you have no issue of natural gas plumming on your terrace or roof, then this is the excellent option for you. However, it is a bit pricey. You would expect at least a little portability at this price, which is not the case with this grill. Other than that, it is an excellent option if it fulfills your needs.
6. Blackstone Stainless Steel Outdoor Cooking Gas Grill
This beast of a grill from Blackstone provides a humungous cooking area of 720 square inches. It makes sure that you can cook absolutely anything you want to. It is loaded with all the right features that are essential for a good grill. There is a bottom shelf and two side shelves to store all your equipment. Electronic ignition is also a handy feature. A single push of a button and you are ready to start grilling. This grill can be dissembled easily, and the two wheels on front and two back wheels mean that it can be moved around quickly. It gives a huge heat output with four burners providing a total energy output of up to 60000 BTU-per-hour.
- This grill is very portable and tops the list of best gas grill under your budget
- Huge amount of output heat
- Four easily controllable burners
- A huge amount of cooking space
- Electronic ignition
- Storage space for equipment
- A bit bulky to transport easily
It is an excellent product from Blackstone. This propane gas grill provides portability as well as a huge cooking space. It provides four burners and a large amount of output energy. On top of that, it is also not a very pricey option. It is one of the best options on this list.
7. Dyna-Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grills
We can say it is the best option for you if you prefer a natural gas grill. This natural gas grill runs on domestic gas supply and provides four burners for cooking and an additional side burner. Each burner gives out an energy output of 12000 BTUs, which means the total BTU’s available for cooking is 48000. A 667 square inches of cooking space means that you have a large space available to grill as you wish. There are two heavy duty cooking grates, and it includes a cabinet style two door shelf. The thermometer makes it easier for you to set the temperature as you wish.
- Large cooking space
- Five huge stainless steel burners
- Sturdy build
- Sleek and durable design
It is an excellent option for you due to its output energy and huge cooking area. However, you might need to have plumbing done to set it up as it requires a natural gas connection.
8. Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill
This infrared burner is a great option for you if you plan to carry it around with you on picnics and camping. The sleek and aesthetically pleasing design is the main feature of this grill. It is also not very pricey. It has a 155 square inches of BBQ area. The grill is extremely light weight and portable. It works using the infrared technology. It provides 14000 BTU energy per hour. The manufacturer has to use attractive stainless steel in the manufacturing. The grill has a one year warranty.
- Extremely portable
- Includes warranty
- Push start ignition
- Aesthetically pleasing
- You cannot use it to grill for a longer time.
- The propane bottles might not last long enough
- Pricey, considering the features
If you plan to carry this grill around on picnics and camping tours, then this is the excellent choice for you. It is very light weight, small in size and compact in shape. However, if you want to use this grill for parties, then this must not be your choice.
To conclude this article, the best gas grill under $500 is the Blackstone Stainless Steel Outdoor Cooking Gas Grill. It provides all the necessary features and is worth the price as it is bound to fulfill all your needs. This grill provides the highest amount of cooking area and the highest amount of output energy, which are the two features that are most crucial. It is the best option for you if you want a reliable grill that is also worth its price. Happy grilling!