The Best Propane Grill Under $200 Reviews | Top 7 Picks Of 2017
Times have changed, and the way we do things must also experience some differences. The act of cooking, steaming, boiling or raising the temperature of food substances has also encountered massive developments and improvements. The early humans made their food by setting stones and wood to make fire. But, all that is a stalled concept and no longer in vogue.
In this text, we will focus our attention on propane grills. We will be reviewing some of the best products under the $200 mark.
Propane (LP) is a member of the family of alkanes. It is a class that also comprises of methane (natural gas), butane, ethane, etc. All these chemical compounds are known for their combustible properties. Hence, it is no surprise that propane is the fuelling agent for this innovative method of grilling, steaming, cooking, and distributing heat.
Propane grills are an inventive way of making barbeque. There is also the charcoal-fuelled grill which is not as neat or clean as the propane grill. Propane grills come in various forms, shapes, and sizes. In fact, we have industrial size gas grills while there are some other types made for domestic use only.It’s time for us to discuss some of the best products under the $200 price range. Let’s get started!
TOP 7 Best Propane Grill Under $200
1. THE NXT LITE PROPANE GRILL BY COLEMAN
This is another excellent unit. This grill is a must-have for lovers of burger and vegetables. The unit is beautiful, and it has a lovely appearance. The distributive heat property of this grill is impeccable, and the entire item is sturdy.
- This item weighs 20 pounds.
- The shipping weight of the product is 20.2 pounds.
- It has a product dimension of 18.2 x 16 x 12.2 inches.
- It has a burner of 8,500 BTU.
- It features a heat core technology that enhances thermal efficiency.
- The grease management tray is removable and can be detached.
- Grill space is sufficient enough. It is estimated to be about 168 sq. in.
- It is portable and does not take up too much space.
- Cleaning and maintaining the unit is straightforward and seamless.
- It is made from long-lasting materials.
- Great cooking and grilling power.
- It has a dial for temperature control and regulation.
- It is very easy to assemble and put together.
- The grill does not come with a recommendation or instructional guide.
- The grilling surface is small and gets sticky.
2. THE Q1000 PROPANE GRILL BY WEBER
This is a good unit, and it comes at a decent price. Although sturdy and strongly built, this product is not made for marine use and this explains why it cannot be mounted on a railing.
- It heats up immediately it is lit.
- 8500BTU stainless steel burner.
- It has an item weight of 26.6 pounds.
- It has a shipping weight of 26.6 pounds.
- It has a product dimension of 20.5 x 27 x 23.5.
- The lid and body are made of quality aluminum.
- It is good for the price.
- It does not take up too much space.
- It is very easy to maintain, manage, use and transport.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- It is ideal for your chicken, bugger, fishes, and sausages.
- It has only one burner.
- It is small. It is also not ideal if you are cooking for a large group.
3. THE PORTABLE TABLETOP GAS GRILL BY BLACKSTONE
This one ticks all the boxes of a top, quality gas grill. It is easy to operate, and it doesn’t take too much space. It has enough space for cooking and heating. Also, cleaning up this item is a breeze and hassle free. In fact, you would not have to break a sweat. This grill from the stables of Blackstone is both durable and versatile. The heat distribution quality of this item is also very impressive.
- Cooking space of about 260 square inches.
- The weight of this item is just about 21 pounds.
- The shipping weight of this product is 25.9 pounds.
- The dimension of this product is 17.3 x 16 x 18.5 inches
- It is made from top quality metal cast iron.
- It has a 12000 BTU, H-shaped burner which provides evenly distributed heat
- It uses propane for fuel.
- It is ideal for tailgating, road trips, and sporting events.
- It is made from quality stainless steel material.
- The top surface of the griddle is made from cold-rolled steel.
- It is a space saver.
- This grill can be used with a bulk tank adapter.
- It is very affordable.
- It is very durable and long-lasting.
- It works well for burgers, french toast, and vegetables.
- It is easy to use, assemble and install.
- It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain.
- It is greasy and sticky.
- There is a risk of flare up.
- The top gets rusts quickly.
- The griddle warps after frequent use.
4. THE CUISINART CGG-059 PROPANE GRILL
This propane grill is one of a kind. Its design is sleek and top-notch. It is also portable, lightweight, easy to store and carry about. The ability of this grill to distribute heat is second to none. With this propane grill, you are sure to enjoy your burger, steak, vegetables, chicken, and seafood. It’s portable and exclusive design also make it easy to store even in balconies and decks. This item is also useful for sporting events and in the beach.
- It has an 8000 BTU burner.
- It also features a porcelain enamel cooking grate that helps in the even and effective distribution of heat.
- The legs can be folded for easy storage of the item.
- It uses a 1lb. Propane tank.
- The push button ignition mechanism makes it easy to switch on the item
- It also features a 126 square inch dishwasher safe.
- It has an item weight of 10 pounds.
- It has a product dimension of 19 x 11.5 x 10 inches.
- The shipping weight of this product is 16.4 pounds.
- It has a sleek and handsome design.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain after use.
- It is portable and does not take up too much space.
- It has a handsome look, and it is easy to carry around.
- It is made from good and quality steel material.
- The performance level is impressive.
- It is pretty easy to assemble. In fact, this can be done under 5 minutes.
- It offers amazing heating temperature of up to 600 degrees.
- The risk of leaks.
- The grease catcher is small. Hence, you may not be able to make as many hot dogs as you want at a time.
- There are also chances of a flare up.
5. THE CHEFS’ STYLE STAINLESS TABLETOP GRILL BY CUISINART
For the price, this is brilliant. It is both beautiful and durable. The effectiveness of this grill is top notch, and the design is very attractive. The Cuisinart-produced grill is made from good steel, and it is also strong and sturdy. This unit also has impeccable heat distribution and control properties. It is made for outdoor use.
- Made from quality stainless steel.
- It features a thermometer and a burner knob for easy and efficient heat control.
- 2 BTU burners that add up to 20,000
- Included in the package is a 42″ long hose.
- The weight of the unit is 22 pounds.
- The unit has a shipping weight of 28.1 pounds.
- Dimension of this product is 21.5 x 17 x 13.5
- The legs are foldable for ease of storage and movement from place to place.
- It is not expensive. In fact, it is good value for the price.
- It is easy to assemble, install and maintain.
- It has a temperature gauge that allows you enjoy your grilling experience.
- It uses a 20-pound propane tank as its source of fuel.
- The top plate gets rusts easily.
- There is a risk of flare-up
- The pop rivets may not last for long.
6. THE CGG-180T PORTABLE GAS GRILL BY CUISINART
Cuisinart is known for producing good products, and this is no exception. It is elegant and has a handsome look. Whether it is fish, bugger, vegetables or any sauce, this will do the job. The heat distribution is brilliant, and its temperature control is impeccable.
- It is compact.
- It has an item weight of 2.2 pounds
- The shipping weight of this product is 18 pounds.
- It has a product dimension of 16 x 16.5 x 13 inches.
- Top-quality steel was used for the fabrication and construction.
- It has a powerful burner of 5500BTU.
- The legs of this grill can be folded.
- The grilling surface measures about 145-square-inch.
- It can effectively grill about eight burgers, steaks a sizeable number of chicken breasts and fish.
- You can grill or cook even with the lid down.
- It can be folded for easy storage.
- It is easy to clean and use.
- The grates can be removed.
- It is strong, sturdy and ideal for camping.
- It does not come with a cover.
- The lock button is not well designed.
7. THE SMOKE HOLLOW GRILL
This is a unique item. Its features are impeccable, and it is very much affordable too. This propane-fuelled grill is perfect for outdoor use such as camping, tailgating, or boating. Interestingly, this product has received rave reviews from barbeque lovers. It is a very clean way of grilling, and the fact that it has a stainless construction means it doesn’t rust easily.
- Its legs can be folded, and it has a handle which makes it easier to carry.
- It is made from long-lasting stainless steel material
- It has a locking lid that adds to its portability.
- It works on a one-pound propane cylinder.
- The design is very compact.
- It has a 10,000 BTU U-shaped burner which is made from stainless steel.
- It has an item weight of 20.4 pounds
- It has a product shipping weight of 21.2 pounds.
- It has a product dimension of 26.5 x 12.2 x 16.5 inches.
- It has a temperature gauge for easy temperature adjustment.
- It is inexpensive
- It is compact and portable
- The locking hood makes it easy to store and carry about.
- It is ideal for outdoor use.
- It is made from good and quality stainless steel material.
- It has a temperature gauge.
- It has a carrying capacity of about eight burgers at a time.
- It has effective heat distribution.
- There is a possibility of a flare up.
- One could encounter some issues with the ignition cable.
- It could be noisy.
Yes, there used to be the burdensome charcoal grills used in outdoor cooking, but it involved many strenuous activities like regularly loading coals and stirring of ash.
However, with the advent of propane gas grills, you will enjoy clean and fast cooking and still have that mouth watering and eye catching sear marks on your meat.
Getting a nice grill does not have to blast a hole through your wallet. There are high-end, mid-range and low-end grills. If you are on a budget and cannot splash $1000 on a grill, you do not have to worry.
With just under $300, you can get grills that offer style, durability, and excellent cooking and still have your wallet smiling.